MAT & academy Fire Risk Assessment
Understand the risk from fire to your employees, pupils, contractors and visitors.
The 1997 Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations (amended 1999 & 2003) and Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, requires all academies and MATs to carry out a fire-based risk assessment of all workplaces under their responsibility.
Any existing fire risk assessment should be reviewed when things change, or at least annually to comply with recognised best practice.
Our fire risk assessment service determines the risk from fire to employees, pupils, contractors and visitors on the premises and identifies the measures that should be implemented to control those risks.
The fire risk assessment will cover:
- Fire evacuation routes and signage.
- First aid fire safety equipment including fixings and signage.
- Fire alarm - raising the alarm and records of tests.
- Emergency lighting, records of test and operation.
- Occupier fire safety checks and records.
- Fire evacuation – procedures and records of evacuation and assembly.
- Fire exits – obstructions and operation.
- Storage and hazardous materials.
Upon completion of the assessment we will produce a written report identifying all significant findings and key observations. The report will also detail recommendations on areas where any necessary improvements may be made.