MAT & Academy Planning Applications

Specialists in planning regulations

As set out in the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, a planning application may be required for the change of use of an existing building or land, for the alternation or refurbishment of a building as well as for the construction of a new building.

However, it is not always clear cut with permitted development rights allowing specified developments to proceed without the need for a full planning application. For example, for minor operational works that would not exceed 25% of the existing floor space.

At Surveyors to Education (S2e) we have a specialist knowledge of academy planning regulations and understand what development is permitted and what will require planning permission across the following areas:

  • Buildings and structures
  • Gates, fences and walls
  • Car parks
  • Playgrounds
  • Listed buildings
  • Change of use

For more information on planning applications and our project management and capital projects delivery service, please call 01530 276127 or email